Dorothy Lee is a 65’ Diving/Utility Vessel built by Duckworth in Tarpon Springs, FL and docked near Houston, TX.
This boat can be easily adaptable for oceanographic and environmental research.
Year built: 2000
Deck length: 65’
Beam: 16’ 5’’
Gross tons: 86
Hull construction: ¼” steel plate.
Super structure: ¼” aluminum plate with three aluminum 4 dog doors
Bulkheads: Three watertight with 6 dog aluminum doors
Displacement: 90,000 lb.
Cruising range: 2000 NM at 8.5 knots. (3000 converting water tank)
Cruising speed: 11 knots.
Storage: Main room under fantail 6 x 14 x 16 (can be converted to lab). Large bow storage area.
Upper aft deck with aluminum lifting boom.
Lower aft deck with dinghy davits.
Propulsion:Two Cummins diesel Model NT-855 M, 1999, 300 HP @ Max RPM 1800 with Twin Disc gears, dry stacks, keel cooled, electronic controls pilot house & aft deck, 52” props, 3” shafts.
Steering control:Main helm station with Kobelt hydraulic system. Aft deck steering and throttle controls.
Generators:Two Onan, 1800 RPM Kubota diesel, keel cooled 21.5 KW continuous, 27 KW max.
- Fuel: 4 steel tanks approximately 3000 gallons total. (4500 converting 1 water tank)
- Water: two steel tanks 3000 gallons total.
- Lube/oil: two steel tanks for lube oil 120 gallons each.
- Steering: hydraulic oil about 100 gallons.
- Holding tanks: two stainless steel waste holding tanks, 150 gallons each.
- Waste oil: one steel 80 gal tank.
Equipment:Anchor windlass: Wintech Eurodrive model VC 2000-30, 2 HP. Anchors:
- 150 LB 8’ ½” chain & 600’ 7/8 nylon double braided rode.
- 250 LB 27’ ½” chain & 600’ 1 1/8” nylon 3-strand twist.
Electronics and navigationRadio Phone:
- Two SEA 235 SSB with Seacall 7000 MF/HF DSC controllers.
- Icom IC M127 VHF.
- Furuno FM-2710 VHF.
- Robertson AP35, AFT deck joy stick.
- Furuno 64 mile.
- Furuno GP 1610 GPS/video sounder.
- Northstar 951XD with chart plotter.
- Furuno FCV-582 color video sounder and in Furuno GP 1610.
- In lounge area, bridge and all berths.
- Five cell phone antenna.
- Three & navigation software.
Electrical system:12 & 24 VDC, 120/240 VAC single & 3 phase.
Safety gear:EPIRB: ACR/Satellite 406 MHz. Life raft: 15 person Elliott. Auxiliary fire pump system: Fresh water outlets on forward and aft decks. Aft deck 5 HP salt-water fire pump and bilge pump. Fire fighting equipment.
Accommodations:Berthing for 6 people in 4 AC cabins with desks, plus separate Captain and crew quarters.
Two full size heads with Head Hunter toilets and hot/cold showers.
Kenmore 240 V four burner electric w/oven and Kenmore microwave.
- Cospolich 110 Volt AC refrigerator/freezer combo (commercial unit).
- Deck Freezer Kenmore 6 cu. Ft.
- Ice maker Raritan Icerette.
Hot water heater:
Vanguard 240 volt AC, 65 gallons.
Laundry room:Kenmore 240-volt washer/dryer
Diving and other equipment:
- Folding stainless steel divers platform 4 ½’x 15’.
- Dive air compressor ComAir Mako model 5404 BA-E1, 6 tanks 1 hr.
- Eight aluminum dive tanks.
- Ship’s service air compressor charge Air Pro 2 HP, 8-gallon tank.
Murray brothers mounted fighting chair, 4 folding deck/fishing chairs, two trawling wishbones, and two Lee single spreader outriggers.
- Mig welder and plasma cutter.
- Inflatable & two outboard engines.